“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs

Sunday, August 21, 2011

If We Can Be Friends That Means We're Still In Love Or Never Were

I said I couldn’t do this It’s just too hard on me
How can you make it seem so easy?
We make small talk
Like we used to
But I’m always just pretending

I’ll say I’m fine on the phone
And that my silence just means
I’m getting tired
But I know when you say
You’re going to bed alone tonight
That we’re both being liars

I’m sorry this story can’t end as friends
The way you act like we never were, is just hell
And i’ll never understand how you can
Want me to watch you fall in love with someone else

You say you still want to know me
But what else is there to know?
I’ve shown you my best, my worst and more
We’ve kissed
We’ve made love
And now that’s just supposed to be ignored?

Whip me, burn me
Put salt in my cuts
Kick me, punch me
It could never hurt as much
As ignoring the fact
That we were once us

No comments:

Post a Comment